- Today, I am sending an invitation to a Tender and receiving the answers via Email. How is the electronic application different?
In many cases, most importantly, the application handles processes, while Email corresponds. For example, a very basic advantage of using the application is the automatic creation of comparative price tables, a function that cannot be served by exchanging Emails. In addition, the application can manage multiple users with different roles. Email is used in the eTenders application as a means of communication and not as a Tenders application.
- With the Email, I easily communicate with my Suppliers. With application, will communication be just as easy?
Once the Vendor registers on the cosmoONE platform, it becomes even easier, because all communication is done through it and the risks of deleting the message by mistake, recognizing it as spam or rejecting it from the mail server if it contains attachments. The communication and its history remain in the system and are accessible at any time.
- I have many cases of purchases with very concise procedures. Isn’t it an exaggeration to use an eTender system?
Quite the opposite. In small and repetitive Tenders, the ease of copying the previous one and sending it is offered. Thus, not only do you shorten the time of each Tender, but you already have the statistics and reports to the Management ready, but also the orders to the Contractors.
- My procedures are complex, and I must make decisions every time. Will I have the required flexibility with the system?
Your procedures can be modeled, and this complexity simplified, because in the system the options for each next step will be ready and available. So, you will keep only the flexibility you need, and you will avoid unnecessary theoretical choices.
- What happens when I want to ‘lead’ my Suppliers to better deals?
In these cases, you can use the function of the system to submit “best and final prices”. Thus, you have the opportunity to invite one, more or all the Suppliers to submit improved offers through the system. You can even invite them to an eAuction.
- In cases where I have a technical evaluation with a sxore, how do I use the system?
You as a Buyer, in the respective stage of processing bids, record in the system the score of each participant in the evaluation table of the system. The score with the weights that you have set within the system, produces the final score (i.e. the result) of each bid, which will be combined with the prices to determine the final winner.
- I do not always ask for prices, but also discounts, especially in the case of projects. Does the system handle these cases?
Of course, because you can use the price list with discounts in your budget or at reference prices. For the projects, the system also provides for the control of “price normalcy” in accordance with the provisions of the State.
- In our company, some compile and announce the Tenders and some others evaluate them. Is this possible through the application?
In the application there are user roles and so you can define different users at each stage of each Tender with different rights of action. For example, you can have the Tender Operator, Evaluation Committees, Procurement Teams, Supervising Managers, etc., to best capture your organization’s Procurement Procedures.
- How will my current Vendors use the app? Will they have to pay?
Vendors will be invited to sign up for the app if they are not already registered. Their registration automatically gives them the right to participate in Electronic Procurement of also other companies that are registered in cosmoONE’s platform, i.e. it gives them the opportunity to find new customers. In this way, every company or organization that conducts Tenders discovers and has access to 13,000+ Suppliers that are already registered. Vendors register and use cosmoONE’s platform as Vendors for free.
- What happens if the Supplier does not agree to participate in the eTender?
It is not the Supplier who sets the procedures, but the organizer of the Tender. Companies are now increasingly using the available technologies and are transforming through the automation of their processes enjoying significant benefits. This also positively affects the Suppliers as a new sales channel is opened for them. If a Supplier does not agree to participate in a Tender, it is its right, but it cannot stop this development. In this case, let us recommend considering reviewing the partnership with this Supplier, in relation to whether it contributes to your corporate vision and business goals.
- How long does it take for the company preparation process to adopt the eTenders application?
Usually one to two weeks, depending on the number and complexity of the different Tender procedures. However, this preparation is also standardized and is usually implemented in stages, with company executives being informed and trained in groups. Excluded from this time are any integration processes (interconnection) with other systems and possible cases where the development of personalized capabilities of the application will be requested.
- If I am a Public Sector Organization can I conduct eTenders?
Of course, but you should know that there are specific rules and procedures as defined in the Legislative Framework of Law 4412/16.